Sharing life with friends in Oakland
Radish is an intentional community for people who believe in the "Obvious Truth" - that we are happiest and healthiest surrounded by people we love and admire. We design our home around the people who make us the best versions of ourselves.
We are 19 adults and 4 newborns living in a 6-building, 10-unit compound in the Temescal/Longfellow neighborhood in Oakland.
The community was founded in 2019 and is proudly co-owned by the residents and the wider community
- An article one of our residents wrote in the NYTimes Modern Love column:
- A case study on Radish in Supernuclear a blog about coliving
- Life with babies at Radish - “Baby Happy Hour” and living at “Baby Monitor Distance”
- A feature in the California Sunday Magazine “12 Roommates Trying to Avoid the Suburbs”
- A general article on coliving from the New Yorker
- Co-buying property with friends (Star Tribune)
How to start your own Radish
- LiveNearFriends - a tool to help you live a 5-minute walk from friends or family
- How to live near friends - a webinar on 6 models that work
- Co-buying property with friends - the mega guide
- The Radish LLC Model - how the financial plumbing works
- Planting a flag - Getting started